Child Welfare Germiston is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website or APPs, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Child Welfare Germiston may change this policy from time to time by updating this policy at any time. We will let you know via a prominent notice prior to the change becoming effective, however you are reminded that you should check this policy/page from time to time to ensure that you are satisfied with any changes.
Whenever the User is of the opinion that Child Welfare Germiston fails to comply with this Policy, the User may contact Child Welfare Germiston by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Child Welfare Germiston will review the User’s representations made by email and, if within Child Welfare Germistion’s sole and absolute discretion advisable, take corrective action and in any event within (10) of days respond to User informing about corrective actions taken, if any.
Information that we collect and use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide our service to you. Child Welfare Germistion collects the following information:
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personal identifiable information may include, but is not limited to: Email address, full name and surname, address, phone number, state, province, ZIP/Postal code, city, cookies and usage data.
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you from Child Welfare Germiston and its affiliates. If you have subscribed to receiving newsletters and marketing material, you may opt-out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send.
Child Welfare Germiston and its authorised affiliates receives various types of information (“Information”) from Users who access the website and or APPs, including personal information as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act (“PAIA”), Act 2 of 2000, as well as The Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (“POPIA”).
Should you contact us by phone, Skype, email or post or by any other method – we may hold the contact details or any additional information you provide to us on record for future reference and use.
We may also collect information how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
What we do/use with the information we gather
The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our services to you.
However, we may also use your information:
- For internal record keeping;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our services when you choose to do so;
- For information to notify you of changes, or to notify you of improvements of our products and services;
- To provide customer support;
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our service;
- To monitor the usage of our service;
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues;
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes and/or to send promotional email communications about special offers, news, product updates or other information which we think you may find interesting and/or which are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about using the email address which you have provided.
NOTE: Where you have chosen to receive such communication, you may opt out of these email communications.
- Where we have received your information in terms of providing you with Insurance Cover, we process this information in terms or the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013(POPIA) and your personal information is collected for this primary purpose of providing you with the insurance cover and for all other activities and processes incidental to and relevant to this purpose.
- Child Welfare Germiston does not and will not sell, rent or lease your information to any third parties.
- Child Welfare Germiston may however disclose your information to any of Child Welfare Germiston’s subsidiaries/underwriting managers/product distributors or any third-party service providers whose services or products you elect to use.
- Child Welfare Germiston has agreements in place to ensure compliance with POPIA.
Storing of Your Personal Data
Please note that we have the ability to retain any data that you provide on this website and any APP, even if you do not complete your registration/transaction by clicking submit/next. Such contact details and data may be used to contact you to enquire why you did not complete your transaction and improve our online operations.
You have the right to request, where necessary, that your personal information must be corrected or deleted. You may send this request/instructions to email@example.com
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure and the security of your data is important to us. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
No method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. We cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically and transmission.
Child Welfare Germiston secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. Child Welfare Germiston secures the personally identifiable information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other Web sites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Links to other APPs
By using our website and/or apps, you acknowledge that Child Welfare Germiston’s Website and/or App’s may contain links to other websites and APPs of our affiliates, partners, subsidiaries, or service providers. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over those websites or APPs. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to those websites and/or APPs in question.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information.Disclosing Your Information
Where applicable, we may disclose your personal information to any member of our group. This includes, where applicable, our affiliates, our subsidiaries, holding company(s) and its other subsidiaries (if applicable).
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties under strict confidentiality provisions under the following circumstances:
- Where we sell any or all of our business and/or our assets to a third party if we are involved in a merger, acquisition or asset sale, your personal data may be transferred.
- Where we are legally required to disclose your information (e.g. a court or a government agency).
- To assist fraud protection and minimise credit risk. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
- We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
- These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
- We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
- Google Analytics
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/