need a question answered?

Frequently Asked Questions

92% of the beneficiaries of Child Welfare Germiston are representative of the demographics of our population. We have a B-EEEE affidavit confirming our compliance and beneficiary status.

To make a bequest, you should consult with your lawyer and ask for appropriate clauses to be inserted into your will and/or memorandum of wishes.

There are different clauses such as a General Bequest: "I give and bequeath the amount or R__ to Child Welfare Germiston, located at (address).

There is also a Percentage Bequest or a Designated or Residue Bequest.

Essentially there is no difference except that an NGO is registered by the Non-Profit Directorate of the Department of Social Development upon application – receiving a NPO number upon registration.

There are however NGO’s that are not necessarily registered as NPO’s with Department of Social Development.

Section 18A in essence allows a taxpayer (whether individual or business), who has made a bona fide donation to a Child Welfare Germiston as a PBO, to claim a tax deduction subject to a limit.  The Section 18A certificate may only be issued in respect of donations received in cash or kind (other than services)

Non-Profit Companies (NPC's) are registered with CIPC whilst NPO's are not.

NPC's can have dual registration with both the Department of Social Development and CIPC.